Based in Roxbury, ACE builds the power of people of color and low-income communities in Massachusetts to eradicate environmental racism and classism, create healthy sustainable communities, and achieve environmental justice. Currently, we're working to stop the MBTA fare increase, improve MBTA service, to stop power plants from being sited in Brockton and Chelmsford, to engage Dudley residents in the city's development plans, to take back abandoned lots for residents to grow food, to reduce emissions from dirty diesel vehicles, to create green jobs and more.
For more information see: www.ace-ej.org
Potential intern responsibilities include:
- Canvassing to engage Dudley Square residents in creating a vision for local development projects
- Soliciting donations from local businesses to support our annual environmental justice Youth Summit
- Outreach to bus riders in Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan and Chelsea to engage them in fighting for a better bus service
- Teaching middle school students in Roxbury about asthma and air quality and supporting them to take action against diesel pollution
- Writing blogs and articles and updating social media to keep our constituency informed of current work
- Conducting legal and technical research to support environmental justice cases
- Leading students on Toxic Tours of Dudley Square
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon with your supervisor.